Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dude. Snow running is rough!

My doctor's office FINALLY called with my lab results, confirming that oh em gee, I am pregnant. Like, seriously. I'm pregnant. That still shocks me. So, I have an ultrasound scheduled for this Tuesday to see how far along I am - I'm guessing I should be about 7 weeks as of Tuesday but we'll see.

With that off my chest, I went out for a run tonight. It was supposed to be a tempo run (and my first run knowing I was running for two!) but it became a get-out-there-and-get-through-it run because there was literally 6 inches of snow on the ground. Man, that was TOUGH! I swear that felt like way more than 2.1 miles - I should have stayed in my neighborhood and ran the semi-clear sidestreets, going my normal route meant I was hiking through deep snow and even though I ran the almost the whole time, my pace was almost a 15 minute mile. Crazy! I was happy to get out there though, snow was still coming down heavily and it was beautiful and kind of fun because it was just so crazy. I was thinking of Kim's snow-shoe race as I ran - I hope she doesn't mind me linking it because it was seriously on my mind the whole time. She's right, snow running is HARD, and I wasn't even in real snow shoes! I hope tomorrow is clearer, I want 5 miles and doing that in .25 increments around my neighborhood is less than fun.

Though honestly, I'm probably going low on mileage this week - I think I have a good excuse!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the link! Of course I don't mind at all! You are hardcore for getting out there in the snow. You do need a pair of snowshoes now, lol.

    Yay! It's official! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband thought I was nuts, but I needed it!

    Thank you! I still...it feels like a dream. I think it will until I see the heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete