Friday, February 8, 2013

I said 5K, didn't I? Didn't I?

...okay, no, I said 5 miles. But I again underestimated how hard running in the snow would be; I thought it would be easier than last night if I just yanno...stayed out of the 6-inch-deep stuff.

And it was. But I was still running on really uneven terrain, varying from clear to slush to puddles to ice to 2-3 inches and it wasn't totally possible to avoid the 6 inches patches either. I'm a little disappointed that I pooped out after 5K, but running at 12:40 wasn't conversational today - it made that much of a difference. So, I cut it short because I was just totally, completely done.

This does make me a little nervous for the 10K on Sunday - I've been looking forward to it for so so long. I was really thinking I'd PR because I haven't run a 10K since October and since then I've run multiple halfs and a 10miler, plus many longer runs...but if the terrain is this rough, I might not anymore. Which is a bummer, but this race will still be a blast - aid station one is CHOCOLATE. Chocolate!

Yes, I'll run for chocolate. Won't you?

2 comments:

  1. The winter terrain is excellent at slowing us down and cutting our runs short! Hopefully the roads are clearer on Saturday... but it not, I hope you still have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first year running outside in winter and wow, it keeps catching me off guard! I feel like such a wimp, haha.

    I will! I really can't wait. I wish I'd found someone, ANYONE to run with me, but I couldn't manage to cajole anyone. It'll still be a freaking blast though. And it's got medals for everyone who finishes, so it's a double win. Haha!

    ReplyDelete