Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I'm back! And I have a baby.

Well, Miles was born 9/30 :) He's 5 weeks old today and growing fast:


Knock on wood I should be cleared to run again in less than a week - I am super excited. For the past 2 weeks I've been mentally arranging a training plan to jump back into running - I can't wait! I'm going to start with a week of 2 mile runs and see how it goes. Pace doesn't matter - I just miss my me-time.

Life is going to change a bit when it comes to running though - I used to run while my daughter was at school but with my little running partner on the outside now, that's harder. Jogging strollers are expensive and I haven't quite figured out how to budget it and still afford to do any races, haha, so for now I'll be getting up early and running before my husband leaves for work. Long runs will be on the weekend. I hate mornings, so this will be tough - especially because in winter it is bloody cold out here. But I can live with that!

I also need to put together a race calendar. Right now the only races on my radar are the Grant Park 5K Turkey Trot on 11/30, the Cupid's Love Dash 10K on 2/9, and the Lincoln HM on 4/5. I'm open to suggestions! :)

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the baby! Sounds like you'll have to get up early to run, but hopefully you'll get used to it quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally missed that this entry got comments. Oops! Thanks Pete :)

      Delete
  2. look and see if anyone is selling a running stroller on craigslist or something similar. I have one (that I hate) and used twice. You can have it. But I will warn you, I HATE it. It has been sitting in the bottom of a closet for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindy I might take you up on that when he's old enough. Selfishly running is such me time though, I hate to share! (Does that make me a terriblke mom? Hah!)

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!! hope to see you at Lincoln Half again.. i plan to be pacing again.. probably 245

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! I'll at least be there, I'm not sure if I'll be running or if my husband will though. And we'll have to see how training goes for a pacing goal...I'm not able to run nearly as often as I want right now! :(

      Delete