Sunday, March 30, 2014

Training 3.24.14

Monday 3/24 - Rest
Rest day!

Tuesday 3/25 - Run || 4 miles || 43:06, 10:46p || 26*, felt like *9
Honestly didn't feel as cold as the windchill indicates. Splits 11:15, 10:34, 10:36, 10:35. Meant to do each mile faster than the previous but about 2.5 miles in I got stopped by a train where the gates went down/up/down up and it just threw me off my rhythm! Oh well, good steady run instead?

Wednesday 3/26 - Run || 5 miles || 1:00:00, 12:00p || Treadmill || Hill workout, 1:1 intervals
Treadmill is better than no run, right? Split into a 3 mile and a 2 mile due to baby naps.

Thursday 3/27- Cross training || 6 circuits (12 pushups, 30 R lunge, 30 L lunge, 20 calf raise, 20s wall squat, 10 squats)
Hey look, I remembered this week. Definitely felt intense this week, I was really trying to get the most out of every exercise.

Run || 3 miles || 31:12, 10:23p || 49*, felt like *39
Definitely felt warmer than the windchill indicates but it was also pouring rain, which is my FAVOURITE way to run - I've never ever had a run in the rain where I didn't grin like an idiot the whole time. Splits 10:32, 10:28, 10:12.


Friday 3/28-  3 miles || 36:31, 12:10p || 44*, felt like *39
First run with Miles in the jogging stroller! HARD work! Splits 12:34, 12:04, 11:49. 


Don't be fooled by the happy grin - he fell asleep half a mile in!

Saturday 3/29- Run || 12 miles || 2:18:16, 11:31p || 39*, felt like 30*
Last long run before Lincoln next week!! This was mostly a great run - I felt so good I was having trouble holding myself back and hit the 10k mark faster than I ever have before, by several minutes! ...and then the wheels fell off the bus at mile 11, so the last mile I think I walked as much as I ran! Yikes. I hope that doesn't happen next week but my legs felt so done!


Sunday 3/30 - Rest
Well earned rest day!


Total: 27 miles run. One week til Lincoln! The upcoming week will be a lot lighter as I taper..

8 comments:

  1. Awesome week!! I love running in the rain too! I did today actually! Wind and rain isn't gonna keep me in!! I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one with a goofy grin while I run in the rain!!

    I love the grin on the baby!! He looks excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved it, totally! Which makes me happy.

      And running in the rain is my absolute fave, always :)

      Delete
  2. Aww! That is fun you were out for your first stroller run with Miles! Yay! :)

    Less than a week until the race, woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lots of fun! I was surprised how hard it was, but glad for a way to get out there with him!

      I am so excited! I am going to end this race with a smile on my face this year, no matter what. No more of last year's bad attitude!

      Delete
  3. Super Cute! I wanted to tell you, i won't be pacing lincoln half. my grandfather died and i will be in PA for the funeral this weekend. my friend TIA will be pacing. Hope you have a great race and break your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that - my condolences! :(


      Thanks for the well wishes! :)

      Delete
  4. Awww, your running buddy has the cutest smile! He looks so happy :)

    Good luck at your race this weekend!! I hope you meet your goal, but either way, have an awesome time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! He's a happy little guy, I'm very lucky! My daughter wasn't so easy-going at this age!

      Thank you! I'm super excited, but my primary goal is - finish with a SMILE!

      Delete