Thursday, April 3, 2014

Goals for this weekend

It's hard to believe but the Lincoln Half is the day after tomorrow!

Some of you may recall, but I have a bone to pick with this race. I ran it last year while pregnant and over estimated the capabilities of my pregnant body, and let a bad attitude get the best of me. And I regret that!

This year, I have some goals.

A) Sub 2:30 - this would be really, really nice. With the hills, it's probably not realistic.

B) Sub 2:35 - this is a more realistic goal assuming all goes well.

C) Sub 2:39 - this is the base goal and accounts for ZOMGtheHILLS.

D) PR - my current PR is 2:45 and change. I should be able to PR this course unless something really bad or weird happens.

E) FINISH WITH A SMILE! This is my PRIMARY goal. I will not compromise this. Because in the end - I am JOYFUL to be out there, to have the oppurtunity and ability to run. If I have to walk some? If I have to walk a lot? If I am slow? OH WELL!

Yes, the caps are ALL necessary. Because in the end - running is supposed to be fun, and I forgot that last year. This year I will smile with every single Mile and remember that at this time last year I had Miles on board.

4 comments:

  1. I always set a few goals for myself like this - if nothing else, it sounds like you'll be able to meet your last goal! Good luck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to have so much fun that I'm going to feel it from here!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fantastic race! Your running has been going so well lately! No doubt you will have a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete