Monday, May 19, 2014

Training 5.12.14

Monday 5/12 - Cross-training
30 day shred. Not nearly as hard as when I first did it in 2012! Still a good sweat.


Tuesday 5/13 - Run || 3.17 miles || 34:18, 10:49p || 54*, felt like 54*
First run with my local MRTT chapter, Run Now Wine Later (although I skipped the wine, lol - had to get home to the baby!). It was super nice to run with company and also made me realize how far I've come because tonight's run felt super easy!


Cross-training
30 day shred. Double workout today!



Wednesday 5/14 - Rest
My calf was sore from the shred and I got all paranoid. "Is it an injury? Or DOMS? I CAN'T TELL!" So I rested.


Thursday 5/15 - Run || 5 miles || 55:00, 11:00p || Treadmill || Hill workout, 1:1 intervals
Calf was fine, just DOMS. Could have run yesterday. Today, my daughter was sick...so 5 miles on the treadmill. Not my fave way to spend an hour, but got it done.



Friday 5/16 - Run || 3 miles || 30:26, 10:09p || 41*, felt like 38* and drizzly
3m @ 10:09p, splits 10:36, 10:03, 9:44. Stroller run; I think I brought stress with me because it felt really hard.



Saturday 5/17 - Run || 6.2 miles || 1:10:58, 11:27p || 50*, felt like 50*
Tryon Trails 5/10/50k 10K. Wild and crazy race! No idea if this pace is accurate or not because my gps did not like these windy foot trails, so I'm assuming this was a full 10K? 




Sunday 5/18 - Elliptical || 5.87 miles || 1:00:00, 10:14p || 30m course 1 2.81, 30m course 2 3.05
Haven't ellipticalled in a while so this workout was harder than it should have been! I meant to do some bodyweight stuff too but I did the shred twice this week...so umm, yeah. /excuses


Total: 17.37 miles run, 5.87m ellipticalled. I am trying to structure my weeks the same way the Higdon Novice 2 plan does - rest Mondays, run T/W/T, rest Friday, run long Saturday, cross train Sunday. I'm not there yet. I am used to working out 6 days a week, and running 5-6 of those...I feel really antsy, but I'd rather go through growing pains before training actually starts if that makes sense. But bleh! I feel like this has been a really down week for me!

8 comments:

  1. Aww... I'm sorry you're feeling bad about the week. But when you look at it, you did get in the elements from the plan. It sounds like you just moved your Wednesday run to Friday and got in 3 cross training sessions with the elliptical and the 2 30 day shreds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually over did it according to the plan! I am paranoid about injury so want to follow it to a tee but man, this is not enough for me. Haha!

      Delete
  2. I am happy you got out to run with some peeps!

    I would totally still work out 6 days a week on that plan. You do it now. You are ready for it. Just don't go crazy on the rest days, right? Cross or what have you ;) And if it does get to be too much and you feel blah cause you are working out too much, then you can add the rest day back in! I am like you. I need at least 6 days of exercise a week, sometimes with doubles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! It was so fun! I had only ever run with my husband before so being able to really chat was so much fun!

      I think I'm going to need to, my husband even commented I seemed down this week and I really think it was because I didn't work out enough. I feel so much better when I do!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a solid week to me Heather! Your running group sounds fun. I've been wanting to join one around here but still haven't pulled the trigger. I need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to reallllly push myself outside my comfort zone for that one...I am so shy I had to really force myself to go, and I had butterflies on the way there! It was good though, I think it was a good run too.

      Delete
  4. Solid week! That's the Higdon plan I used and I subbed out the first rest day with a light/moderate cross train day. It helped me not get so antsy. (I'm a 6 day a week worker outter too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think I am going to do the same...I really feel better when I work out more!

      Delete