So it's June! Looking back, May was a pretty good month. Far from my highest mileage because I was trying to get used to the schedule I'd be running on for marathon training, but it had some good highlights:
- Two kids, two races, one weekend
- New 10k PR on a wicked trail run
- Won a free entry to Spartan Sprint courtesy of Anne!
- Picked a training plan, finally, with some blogger-friend input!
- Got my first weird spam comments! (Sorry, I do not require the services of a witch doctor to either get pregnant or find a husband. I'm good, but thanks!)
- Finally bit the bullet and went out for a couple group runs!
83.32 miles run in May! (The rest walked and ellipticalled.)
So, May was pretty solid for me! June is exciting; this weeks starts training for the Chicago marathon, and I have a 15K on the calender for next week (I've never run before!). My June goals are:
- Follow my training plan without getting overzealous and hurting myself
- Have fun at Wholly Hell 15K
- Try to run with company 3-4 times, be it my husband or group runs with MRTT or maybe even branch out some more! (Oooh, that would take even more bravery.)
So how was your May? And are you running for National Running Day today?