Friday, July 18, 2014

Overthinking and training check in

Sorry the blog has been so quiet. Marathon training is going well - nothing unusual to report - but I realized, I usually blog about things I'm thinking about for the future and for the most part, I am trying really hard not to look ahead right now.


See, marathon training is really intimidating me, I realized. In a way that training for a half never did. I am not sure why, if it's all the top of "Respect the distance" I hear or or the knowledge that it is going to double the farthest I've ever run...the thought of the hours of commitment...I don't know.

But dude. It's psyching me out! So I am trying not to think about it.

I'm doing a good job, for the most part, but it makes for a boring blog sometimes! But I do look ahead at the end of the week so I do know...next week, my training levels up again. Weekday runs have been 3/6/3 - they started at 3/5/3. Next week they jump to 4/7/4. All doable distances, but intimidating to think about a 7 mile midweek run...I've never gone further than 6 during the week.


And my long run next week will be a PDR...14 miles. Not a PDR by much, but a PDR...


Yeah, I'm overthinking.

4 comments:

  1. Respect the Distance is a real thing. Marathon training is really hard, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo. I am just so intimidated...I think it will get better once I get past half distance in training...that's my mental wall right now!

      Delete
  2. it is hard work, and a lot of commitment, but you are awesome and you have this!

    ReplyDelete