Monday, August 25, 2014

Training 8.18.14 - Chicago Marathon W12

Monday 8/18 - Rest
Monday rest day.


Tuesday 8/19 - Run || 5 miles || 51:54, 10:23p || 69* and 95 humidity
Tough run - when I woke up it was thunder/lightening so I wasn't even sure I'd be able to go, but the rain stopped - and left behind horrendous humidity with no cooldown. Slogging the whole way! 5/277.8


Wednesday 8/20 - Run || 8 miles || 1:25:15, 10:39p || 70* 95% humidity
This was supposed to be a pace run, but it was hot and so humid the felt like it had texture. Did my best to get through - pace was not a concern! 13/285.8


Thursday 8/21 - Run || 5 miles || 53:07, 10:37p || 75*, and 90 humidity
So tired. This run felt hard, so I don't know if it's the high humidity killing me, the lack of sleep, or hitting higher mileage than I'm used to, or all of the above. Husband had to go to work early so to fit the run in I had to get up and be out the door by 5:15a... 18/290.8.


Friday 8/22 - Rest
Friday rest day. Unless you count pacing for 45 minutes. Which I probably should. 


Saturday 8/23 -  Rest
I wasn't sure if I should cross train today since I was running Saturday or not...I opted not to in order to have fresh legs for my 18.


Sunday 8/24- Run || 18 miles || ???, ???p || 76 and 90% humidity
I ran 3 miles, then ran the Nearly Sane Half, then finished up a couple more miles to round it out to 18. I have no idea what my pace was, because my garmin died at mile 17 and I hadn't been watching the time, just the distance! Ack! My time for the half was 2:24:20, so I'm guessing I kept this around 11? It was a MISERABLE run. SO hot, SO humid, that I run/walked the second 9 milers...the last 5k of the half I had a serious internal discussion about whether or not I even wanted to do a marathon, and what I would do with my bib...writing this the next day, I think that was mostly me struggling with the heat, because my runs have sucked all week (seriously - none of them felt easy with the temps this week). But I do wonder if I'm getting towards burn out. 36/308.8

Total: 36 miles run, no XT (I'll do it Monday, just because of the way the weekend race worked out) and one medal earned. I only have 3 more runs that are really long...a 13, 19, and 20...the rest are 12 or less...wow.

6 comments:

  1. That's the humidity talking. Just hang it out. Pretty soon we'll have amazing cool fall runs! I felt like I had a glimpse of that today with a cool run in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I definitely agree with you. Yesterday I was so unhappy and frustrated though. But if fall gets cool and I survived 18 miles in this nasty sticky heat, the marathon will be easy right? ...well, relatively speaking, of course!

      That sounds so nice! I saw the picture you posted!

      Delete
  2. Yep I agree. Everything will be SO much better when it cools down. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep it's the humidity talking. The same thing happened to me yesterday - I was ready to quit running entirely, lol.

    Great job on doing that distance in that humidity! Even if you had to walk, you still did 18 miles, and that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo! Hearing it's not just me who was miserable helps...not because I am glad you were miserable but because it means I didn't do something wrong, lol!

      Thank you!

      Delete