Friday, October 31, 2014

Weather Woes

In true Chicago fashion, we went from a beautiful fall to a frigid winter - literally overnight. It might be only halloween but there was snow on my porch this morning - and, apropos for stepping out of comfort zone. the 50k tomorrow will be 20 degrees colder than anything I've run in since last year.

I seem to have running amnesia; I can't remember what I wore when it's supposed to be 30-35 for the whole run! Luckily there's a shakeout run today where I can practice an outfit, but sheesh. I vortexercised my way through last winter - how quickly it's forgotten!

I have to say, I would have liked a few more fall runs before I bust out the winter gear, but welcome to Chicago. I think tomorrow's word of the day will be "layers" - which is funny because for both 5ks last week, I wore a t-shirt!

This post doesn't seem to have a point. Can you tell I'm nervous for tomorrow? Not as much as for the marathon, but tomorrow's gonna hurt. Will it hurt as bad as the marathon did? Guess I'm gonna find out!

Next time I blog, I'll be an ultrarunner. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Oh but just wait for mid-November, when like last year, we'll have 70 and sunny again for a week. And then it will be REAL winter. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you're shaking out today? In these ridiculous winds?? WIshing you all the best tomorrow, my friend. Worried my flight to NYC will not make it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! Tomorrow ain't looking much better and I need to make sure I have clothing that works! D:

      Eek, good luck. I hope your flight works out, I don't want any hitches for you! D:

      Delete
  3. good luck tomorrow...I am nervous about trick r treating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I am late! Hope you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete