Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Post Chicagoland Spring Marthon thoughts


  • I'm absolutely exhausted after this one. I should be, but I'm totally, completely weary. I expected it to a degree, but it - like the difficulty of the marathon itself - was something I did underestimate a bit.
  • I'm also more sore than I've ever been. The course was one of the easier ones I've run, so I'm chalking this all up to doing them too close together. It took until 4 days post marathon to feel decent; I took an entire week off running to feel more normal. I did walk 2-4 miles a day, but no running. 
  • On a related note, my hormones are out of whack. I'll spare details, but my body is letting me know in no uncertain times to cut back and recover now, kthxbai. 
  • My appetite was just ridiculous. I have no appetite, I have no appetite, I have no appetite, MUST EAT ALL THE FOODS, I have no appetite, I have no appetite, I have no appetite...etc. I don't remember being this up and down after training runs or after other marathons. 
  • Why do races water down gatorade? Is there a benefit to this I'm not aware of? It seems to me that that makes it...less useful. 
  • Yay for free race photos! Not the worst ones I've ever taken either. Free race photos balances out the awful medal, too. 


2 comments:

  1. I hear you with the appetite thing. I can seemingly go all day without eating and then get so hungry I could eat an entire buffalo! Also what's up with the water downed Gatorade? There should be a standard mix to water ratio all races use so we know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea! I guess it might be a cost cutting measure but I can't imagine it can save that much. I really don't know otherwise.

      Delete