Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Missing: One Mojo



I can't get in a groove lately. Even a rain run - which is usually my soul-cleansing cure-all - didn't bring it back. My legs don't want to turn over, I'm slow, and with the addition of heat and humidity...I'm just totally not feeling it.

Clearly I overdid it in May. But I think the stress of getting ready for school is probably getting to me too; there's student loans to consider, books to think about, schedules to juggle...it's a lot to think about and I am sure it's affecting me more than I realize. I think the cure is some good cross training, easy runs, and rest...maybe a little more rest and some easy runs, and then a little more rest.

What about you? How do you find your mojo when it goes missing?

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the heat and humidity. I've always complained about it, but am trying to have a more positive attitude this year. I'm just going out in it and trying to acclimate to the temps as quickly as possible. Umm, I have never lost my running mojo. Even my slowest training runs make me feel fantastic afterwards and less stressed. Hope you find your mojo again soon!

    ReplyDelete