Monday, July 11, 2016

Run streak, school, and training

So my classes opened up today and I got a good look at what I can expect my workload to look like. And...it's high! It has me rethinking my ability to train for a marathon this year; if I can do it, I'm not going to be able to do it as well as I want. I just won't have the extra hours. Marathon training is time intense and as much as I enjoy running...I am not sure how much extra time I am going to have to devote to it now. I may end up revising to training hard for a half - still something I really want to do but not as much of a time-hog.



And yet on the other hand running is important to me and something I want to make sure I make time for. It's my active meditation, my true me-time. I may not be able to find a lot of time, but I don't want to neglect it either - and I don't want to forget myself either. So, I'm going to try to streak the holidays - run at least a mile every day. My promise to myself. I love running in general but running and I have had mojo disagreements lately - and while I think some of it might have been weather related, I have been reminding myself that we're not even at the height of the heat yet. The only way out is through, right? So I've been running every day, with #day8 being this morning, and last week something weird happened. I found my runner's high again. Last night's run I had planned at 3 and ended up going for 5 because I felt so amazing. The weather hasn't shifted, but it's like a weight fell off my chest - suddenly I'm running faster and feeling good again. Who even knows - but I'll take it!



What about you - have you ever streaked?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on 8 days straight of running! Yes, the best way to handle the heat is to run through it. It'll be fall before we know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I can make it to Labour Day but I am enjoy so far.

      I don't know whether to be eager or dread it...Fall means nicer weather even more schoolwork...priorities!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome you found your runner's high again! Yay! I did a streak once and it really made me dread running. Horrible! Never again for me!

    You are right that we are not at the worst of the weather yet. Muah ha ha. Have you heard about the heat wave next week?

    I am excited to hear about your school work!

    ReplyDelete