Monday, August 1, 2016

Runniversary!

Someone throw confetti, because 4 years ago yesterday I ran for the first time!



It's hard to believe how far I have come and how much I have changed. More than 40lbs gone and I was struggling then to hobble through less than 2 miles in 25 minutes - yesterday I did an easy two miles in 21ish minutes.

4 years ago I started the Couch to 5K to just get a 5k off my bucket list and move on. Then my bucket list exploded. I stopped wanting to lose weight and started wanting to run. I never saw it coming.



What will the next four years bring?

4 comments:

  1. Happy 4 years! You started right after I did! It's so cool to see how far you've come in that time. I'm glad you found something you love in running :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I still think it's somewhat weird. I hated running for so much of my life, and now it's something I do every day?! Old me would have thought I've lost my mind! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy 4 years! You started right after I did! It's so cool to see how far you've come in that time. I'm glad you found something you love in running :)

    ReplyDelete