Running while pregnant is a challenging journey full of ups and downs and sideways steps. It requires a different mindset than running, because just getting out there is pushing your body as it makes changes faster than your brain can process. I am proud of how much I was able to run while pregnant and the races I completed, and believe it helped me recover faster post-partum, too.
This page chronicles my pregnant races and pregnant running thoughts in one place.
- I'm pregnant! - announcing the pregnancy and planning to run as long as I can.
- First time running for two - and I picked a fab day, too. /sarcasm
- Musing on maternity running clothes - did I say musing? I meant whinging.
- First pregnant race! - and a PR to boot!
- It's confirmed; I'm pregnant, for real! - and realizing that my first half gave me more than a medal..
- A run! - fatigue and morning sickness were kicking my butt the first tri.
- Looking back - a recap of my first month running while pregnant
- A good run! - pregnant runs can be good, too!
- Second pregnant race - and a light at the end of the tunnel, too!
- Third pregnant race - in which I forget that pregnant running is HARD and lose my focus
- Feeling like a cute prego runner! - and really, I was! Also reflecting on the difference between pregnant running in the first tri versus the second. Plus - IT'S A BOY!
- Fifth pregnant race - more lessons in pregnant running. Take your vitamins, kids.
- Coming to grips with limitations - at 5m pregnant running was definitely harder!
- Planning for my last pregnant race - if it's ever okay to be undertrained...
- Sixth pregnant race - I didn't know it, but this would be my last pregnant run. Boo!
- Recap of pregnant running - I still thought there'd be more running to come!
- Realizing pregnant running is over - and missing it, but proud of what I'd done.